sql

Edward Glowacki glowack2@key-largo.cl.msu.edu
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:35:57 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Mr Coffee wrote:
> 2) what kind of computers are people running linux on at home? is it mostly
> 486 kind of pentiums? or are people running it on hardcore dual 500 mhz and
> lots of ram?

Running Linux on a Penguin Computing 8way PIII Xeon 550, 2gb RAM, 100gb
RAID at home.  May sell that soon though now that I have a bit more cash
than I did 6 months ago, replace it with a rack full of Athlon boxes
running at 1ghz each, cluster it with Beowulf.  The rack I'm looking at is
44U tall, but I'm not sure if I can get the Athlons in 1U cases like the
PIII's that Penguin offers, may have to settle for 2U tall boxes. =(
Either way, I'm keeping my KL-X9200U 50 display, since I only got that a
few months ago after my MultiSync XV29+ perished in a fire (actually it
was the water damage that got it).  I got my ASUS AGP-6800 Deluxe GeForce
256 DDR yesterday (finally!!), so I'm testing that out in my Windoze box
right now, should have it in the Penguin by the end of the week.

URLs
====
The Penguin box:
http://www.penguincomputing.com/8500info.html