Samba

Paul Donahue donahu16@msu.edu
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:37:53 -0500

Try updating to the latest version of samba.. available on www.samba.org.
The newest version has some nice features, such as good logging on what's
going on or why stuff doesn't start. It also seems to have cleaner
implementation of NT domain control goodies. Once you get the newest version
installed, try starting again and see if it gives you any useful data in the
system log or the samba logs.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu
[mailto:linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu]On Behalf Of Mike Szumlinski
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 9:13 AM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: Re: Samba

>This might not be the best answer, but i just 'touch'ed the file, and it
>started up normally, and I haven't had any problems since.
>
>touch /var/lock/samba/STATUS.LCK

That seemed to help getting passed phase one...but now NMB won't start,
and it doesn't even spit out an obscure error message at me.....

I've posted a copy of my smb.conf file at http://35.10.26.38/smb.conf,
maybe someone can see something I've done wrong in it. Thanks.

-Mike

|Mike Szumlinski           |
|Michigan State University |
|A26079565                 |