speed

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:48:10 -0500

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 12:39:11PM -0500, Ben Pfaff wrote:

   "Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

   > PS: btw stuart, try afterstep.org as window manager. its nice and
     simple unlike
   > the clogged gnome and kde.

   I was under the impression that GNOME and KDE worked with any
   window manager.

I believe only gnome-aware window managers will work with gnome,
likewise with kde.   Gnome-aware window manager that I know are
enlightenment, icewm, afterstep, and windowmaker.

It might be different with kde, but I don't believe any window manager
has to be married/tied to gnome... you should be able to use the
window manager seperate from the window environment (gnome).

Dennis