Window managers (was Re: speed)

Edward Glowacki glowack2@key-largo.cl.msu.edu
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 13:52:37 -0500 (EST)

I got away from AfterStep a while ago, moved to WindowMaker, seemed to be
a better product at the time.  I also use Gnome, though it's underutilized
with the way I work.  That was all on my P120, so its definately usable on
low-end boxes.  Now that I have a decent machine, I moved up to
Enlightenment, still using gnome.  My Gnome and E setups however are very
sparse.  I use the gnome pager in the panel to manage multiple desktops
and all my aplications, and I eliminated all other icon boxes, launchers,
pagers, etc. from the desktop, resulting in a very clean interface.  I'd
take a screenshot of my screen right now, but it'd be rather massive since
I'm running 1920x1440, so I'll have to wait till I get home for a similar
1280x1024 shot from my Linux box.

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services