cleaning circuit contacts

Edward Glowacki glowack2@key-largo.cl.msu.edu
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:00:53 -0500 (EST)

My guess is that the alcohol should work OK, especially since it will
evaporate quickly.  I've also heard stories of people taking expensive (at
the time) video cards and tossing them into a sink full of water to clean
them, and it worked (had to dry out for a long time though to be
safe).  *shrug*  Wouldn't think it would bother the cards too much no
matter what you use if you're just cleaning the contacts.  You can also
try a soft rubber pencil eraser, I seem to remember those working pretty
good to clean the contacts, and rubber isn't conductive...

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services