Installfest

Torgo Jr agarris@voyager.net
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:50:55 -0500

Ben Pfaff wrote:

> Torgo Jr <agarris@voyager.net> writes:
>
> > > (I dont think anyone actually
> > > setup networking in the installfest)
> >
> > Some of us tried...  :)  BTW, since I am actually typing this and
> > able to send this with a net connection, my "cube" box seems to work
> > fine (at home).
>
> Did you ever figure out the problem?  That was, er,
> "embarrassing," to say the least.

Nope.  I would bet cash money that the problem was either:
 1. Some bizarro problem with the Tulip NIC driver, or
 2. Some setting I unknowingly botched.
I may research it more if I get the time.  That machine will
be upgraded to stable potato once it comes out, and I may just
do a complete install for various reasons.  I imagine this would
fix the problem.

--
Alan Garrison _ agarris@voyager.net
"I think it's unfair that only one company can make Monopoly."