Linux in Schools

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:46:05 -0500 (EST)

Have you looked at tying Samba in with LDAP? I have heard of it being
done, I haven't heard of anyone tying in LDAP with the Mac services.

You might _also_ look at Caldera's stuff. They are porting (or have
ported) the Novell NDS to Linux. (it cost like 150 dollars for the
package. I _know_ you can use the free stuff although it is a little bit
harder to setup im sure.

MacOS 9 is definately the way to go for the Mac Services. You can do
tcp/ip file, and print services.

I don't understand why your having such a hard time doing it for me it
took about 5 minutes. The ONLY thing I can think of is either your being
blocked by a router or its trying to become a zone router, and you already
have one setup. Im definately curious why it isnt working correctly.

Also, if it would help, I probably can ask to get a mailing list setup for
Linux in schools, for everyone in the state on the states servers. I know
Holt uses a lot of Linux, Mason I guess is starting to use it now. I am
sure these arent the only two districts in the state that use it.