Help

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:37:56 -0500 (EST)

I agree with Ben on the error messages. =)

On RH there should be a file /etc/pam.d/gdm
which has:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
use_authtok
session    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
session    optional     /lib/security/pam_console.so

I would guess this is missing or has the wrong permissions.

Sean