Wow....

Torgo Jr agarris@voyager.net
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:55:13 -0500

My good workstation has a SBLive soundcard and a Hauppague (sp?)
WinTV card.  I got ALSA and Video4Linux basically working, but
I was able to completely lock up my system by playing around
with xawtv.  My v4l may not have been set up correctly.  What
suprised me was that when the system locked, I couldn't even
telnet in from another machine on my network.  Is there any
way to interrupt what's going on on the workstation if the
keyboard *and* the network is locked?  I had to do a hard
reset, which is mildly annoying.  I know the drivers aren't quite
golden yet, but I was suprised that it basically killed my
machine.

I think I'll try XFree86 4.0 next...

--
Alan Garrison _ agarris@voyager.net
"I think it's unfair that only one company can make Monopoly."