Port redirection

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 22:25:19 -0500 (EST)

> I currently have a couple machines behind a router that runs RedHat 6.1.
> Does anyone know of a way that I can get to them from an outside ip. Is
> there a way to ftp/telnet/http to the linux router and get to the
> machines behind the router? Like say go to ftp://35.10.26.38:xxx and that
> would go to a computer behind the router at 192.168.x.x? Thanks.
>
> -Mike

I do hate ipchains and think they make this entire chaining thing too
difficult. I admit I don't know how it works. I wish they eliminate some
of the parameters and make it easier to understand.

I tried forwarding access to my inside webserver once. It worked. That
way I had two webservers working on one domain name.
mail.montiehouse.com vs. www.montiehouse.com That was pretty neat. I
can't really recreate it right now.

 ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 198.109.165.57 80 -R 192.168.1.4 80

http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO-6.html

I am sure ipchains can do this stuff too. Port 80 is www.

mk