Darwin

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:44:22 -0500 (EST)

http://www.maccentral.com/news/0003/27.darwin.shtml

Apple's Darwin compiled for PowerPC and Intel
by Jim Dalrymple, jdalrymple@maccentral.com
March 27, 2000, 9:00 am ET

Wilfredo Sanchez of Apple says that he has successfully compiled Darwin
for both PowerPC and Intel over the weekend.

Darwin is Apple's open source operating system from Apple based on the
core technologies in Mac OS X Server. Darwin is an advanced BSD Unix
system which offers advanced networking, services such as the Apache web
server, and support for both Macintosh and Unix file systems.

"I'm rebuilding everything again now, and we'll see how reproducible it
all is. I expect to have to rebuild one or two more times to get all of
the source happy, but that's mostly work for my computer," said Sanchez in
an update posted to the Web.

"Installation testing will begin this week."

Stay tuned for more details as they become available.