Apple linuxppc

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:16:25 -0500

Speaking of ppc, I went over to the MSU Surplus Store
(interesting place), and they had a PowerPC 5260/100
machine for $150.  The problem is I don't know what
Apple's model numbers mean beyond what the tag said
(either 16 or 32 Meg ram, 800M hard drive).  If it's
still there on Saturday, I may snag it (maybe they'll
haggle with me).  I wouldn't mind playing with some
non-x86 hardware.

>>> Sean <picasso@madflower.com> 03/30/00 02:12AM >>>
This caught me offguard. Linked off the Developer site of Apple (alpha
order between java and Multitasking) is Linux <
http://ppclinux.apple.com/ >

This basically gives a very brief intro to Linux and a list of all the
PPC distros.