For those wanting Redhat 6.2 CDs....

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:31:09 -0500

Would this affect writing an ISO to a tape drive?
I am not aware of the particular bug you mentioned.
It does seem strange since we've done this before
without any problems.

When I get home tonight, I will do the following:
1. Run the cleaning tape
2. Re-load the ISO again in a different directory
3. Match new vs. old
4. Try to loop mount either ISO on all 3 of my machines.

I have a feeling that none of this will work though.

>>> Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu> 03/31/00 08:18AM >>>
[...problems with my Red Hat 6.2 .iso's...]

It seems rather odd to me that everyone would have problems like
this with my .iso's, when they're actually successfully mounted
on my server.  Maybe this is the corruption problem in 2.2.x
kernels for x < 14 (which I've run into before on other machines)
- I'm running 2.2.9 - but I thought that was an IDE-only problem,
and my HDDs are all SCSI.

I'll upgrade my kernel to 2.2-current this weekend.

Ben