Dumb question

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Wed, 24 May 2000 06:55:24 -0400

On Mon, Jun 30, 2036 at 07:14:50AM -0400, Mike Szumlinski wrote:
> Okay, I have 2 drives, one mounted at /, the other at /home...now how do
> I make a folder like "/folder" on the second drive? Is it possible to
> have a directory under / be on the second drive? Thanks.

	You have two choices.  You can repartition the
	second disk into two partitions and add the
	new partition to your fstab with /folder as its
	mount point.  Or, you can simply create a symlink:
	`mkdir /home/folder; ln -s /home/folder /folder`
	Because you're linking across partitions you are
	limited to using a symlink.  Hard links will fail
	across partitions.

PaulM

--
							melson@holt.k12.mi.us