scsi

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 09:53:21 -0400

Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu> 05/24/00 09:53AM

> See drivers/scsi/aha152x.c in a kernel tree for more details.

[Idea alert!]  Has anyone created something that does
something like this:  go into the various source files of
a particular driver you are dealing with and extract the
module options?  Perhaps some modprobe hint utility?  This
would probably be impractical to hackerz types, but for
newbies this could be useful (particularly for non-C types).
I don't have a kernel tree in front of me at the moment:
are the module options for drivers generally stored in a
standard format?

[Warning: Idea could be total useless.]