ANSI C Specification

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
05 Nov 2000 21:29:32 -0500

"Tim Schmidt" <computer_holic@hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking for a copy of the current ANSI C Specification, I remember Ben
> saying something about using up his entire summer quota to print it, and I
> was wondering if he still has a compy of it (in PDF, HTML, ps, or
> whatever)...  I looked at the ANSI/ISO/blahblah web page, and amongst all
> the politico-dribble, they said I must contact my nearest representative for
> a copy of the standard...  That didn't seem right, so I thought I'd ask.

Go to
	http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/product.asp?sku=ANSI%2FISO%2FIEC+9899%2D1999
and buy a PDF of the 1999 revised ANSI C standard, ANSI/ISO/IEC
9899:1999 ("C99") for $18.  Note that C99 is not yet implemented
by any known compiler.  Unfortunately, the 1989 standard is no
longer available from ANSI.  (If you really need to know
something about it, ask comp.lang.c or contact me directly since
I have copies of both C89 and C99.)