Next Meeting

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:24:40 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Roger Webster wrote:
> This Wed. is good at Atmosphere Annealing for a location.
>
> Roger

OK, let's aim for a meeting Wednesday at AAI.  I haven't heard of
any more topics, so lets see how many flamewars we can start by
talking about "My favorite Linux software", as described in my
previous email.  A brief outline of what to talk about:

* 2-3 minutes per package, 2-3 minutes of Q&A after (~5min total)
* Production quality software (no pre-alpha, etc. we want stuff that works now)
* What the software does
* What are its strong points
* What are its weak points (be honest, this is important)
* What products compete with it

Ideas: video/audio/multimedia tools/players, mail programs, text
editors, languages, web tools/browsers, network utilities, servers,
window managers, file browsers, etc etc etc...

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Network Services