linux video

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 00:39:19 -0500 (EST)

I think you can get a NTSC -> Firewire(IEEE1394) converter which might
work with Linux. FW cards are only like 30-40 bucks. I dont know how much
the converter is, but it would rely a lot less on the software because the
conversion to digital would be done outside of Linux.

I also don't recall if digital video for FW is actually supported yet.
I know harddrives worked, and networking was started about 6 months ago.

But it might be worth looking in to since most of the newer digital video
cameras as such have firewire ports on them.