Debian help site

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:49:09 -0500

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 01:37:54AM -0500, Sean wrote:

   A twelve step program is viewed as being inflexible and for wussies
   like the RedHat users. They have 135.3 steps for the full program
   and 6.2 steps for the minimum version. The trick is to know which
   of the steps you can safely disregard without screwing up the
   entire program and having to start at step 0.0 again. =)

You forgot that the Debian program took so long to develop that it was
out of date when it was released and nobody used it, and the Redhat
one was rushed together to meet a timeline that it had so many
problems it flopped.

Dennis