compiling apache 1.3.14 w/php 4.0.3 (longish)

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:48:39 -0500

Dpk wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 12:39:42PM -0500, Mike Rambo wrote:
>

>    Yep, I forgot to include them in my help request.  Unfortunately I
>    didn't forget to include them when I actually did the work.  IOW, I
>    _did_ make & make install when I compiled php.  libmodphp4.a is in
>    src/modules/php4 as it should be and the other header files are
>    where it appears they should be but apache doesn't find them when
>    it compiles.  How is the compiler supposed to know to look in
>    /usr/local/include/php/whatever for all those .h files anyway?  I
>    looked through several of the Makefiles but either overlooked those
>    instructions, didn't recognize them, or they're not there (if
>    they're supposed to be there at all).
>
> Try the following for the make command:
>
> env CPPFLAGS="-I /usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L /usr/local/lib" make
>
> I have never had to do it this way, could it be that you missed the
> following option for the PHP ./configure ?
>
>    --with-apache=../apache_1.3.14
>
> Dennis

Thanks, I'll try this tonight.  I'll also look back over the notes
regarding how I configured php too.  It's certainly possible I missed
something.

If all else fails I'll go back to scratch and start the whole process
again.

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us