Removing LILO

John R. Gargett jgargett@lsj.com
Tue, 03 Oct 2000 12:15:08 -0400

Hi all!

I have a friend that installed Redhat 6.1 on his machine (a Gateway) a while
ago. He would like to remove the linux and install a different OS that shall
remain nameless. The problem that he is having is that apparently LILO is
installed in the boot sector since he gets to the boot and gets a LIL-
prompt. The disk has been formatted and sysed.

Is there a simple way to get rid of this from DOS? I remember a similar
query a while ago, but I can't find a reference to it in my "archives" of
the list.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

John

John R. Gargett                               (517) 267-1327
Publishing Systems Coordinator  jgargett@lansing.gannett.com
Lansing State Journal                       jgargett@lsj.com
        Macs, PCs and a network!!  OH MY!!!!!!!!