Debian, Apache, plus CGI execute problem

Nick Lewis lewisnic@egr.msu.edu
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 23:40:08 -0400 (EDT)

Ok. I've got a system running Debian Woody with:

Linux linux 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

Apache 1.3.12

Apache, perl, php, etc modules all install with debs.

I have looked though the Apache docs, php docs, Debian docs, the Apache
+mods mini-howto and I must be missing something (other than a brain at
this point).

The error in error.log is:

[Sun Oct 15 22:20:22 2000] [error] (8)Exec format error: exec of
/home/www/mail/test.php3 failed
[Sun Oct 15 22:20:22 2000] [error] [client a.b.c.d] Premature end of
script headers: /home/www/mail/test.php3

I have my Doc root set to /home/www/

I have the cgi and php modules in my httpd.conf and apache isn't
complaining that it can't find the modeules when I use "apachectl
configtest". The files are set to have execute and the directory has
"Options All" set in the httpd.conf.

My mime.types says for php:

application/x-httpd-php                         phtml pht php php3 php4
application/x-httpd-php3                        php3
application/x-httpd-php3-source                 phps
application/x-httpd-php3-preprocessed           php3p
application/x-httpd-php4                        php4
application/x-httpd-php4-source                 phps
application/x-httpd-php4-preprocessed           php4p

So, I can not get php (and i've tried perl also) scripts to run, but I
have run out of ideas. Has anyone else seen this problem and figured out
how to fix it? Any ideas or pointers? Thanks. Nick.

Nick Lewis
DECS
HA! I laugh in the face of free time!
http://www.sciencetheatre.org