StarOffice

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:56:13 -0400

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 06:29:02AM -0400, Sean wrote:
> Has anyone tried to compile staroffice? I am just curious how
> well it works.

	I'd be impressed if anybody in this list has source
	and has compiled it.  It just comes as kind of a big
	tarball of binaries from Sun.  It's got a very easy
	to use setup interface, so just su to root, launch
	X11 and run the setup script,  I use 5.2 all the time.
	I just put together a 30+ slide show for a conference
	this week, and I write most of my papers with it so
	that I can send them as attachments (MSWord97 format).

PaulM

--
							melson@holt.k12.mi.us