Last night's LUG meeting

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:09:25 -0400 (EDT)

On 16 Oct 2000, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:
>
> > We talked about starting a GLLUG project a long time ago.  Ideas
> > (old and new) that we've had so far:
>
> I thought you guys were writing a MUD?  Did that idea get
> dropped?

Well... I think there's a lot of reasons why the MUD hasn't turned
into a "get everyone in the LUG involved" type project:

- It doesn't really advance Linux directly
- It requires a LOT of time to run once built
- Only 9 people counting you and I expressed interest in it

If it's something we want to try to make into a LUG project, we
can do that, but we need more interest, especially in the area of
running it after its done.  I'd definately like to do it, but from
the sounds of what we have so far, progress is going to be slow...
As for advancing Linux, maybe it's enough to say, "This game runs
entirely on Free Software.  It runs on Linux (www.linux.org) and
is primarily written in Python (www.python.org), with wxWindows
(www.wxwindows.org) for the GUI client."

Any opinions?