Mandrake Install

Matt Fuerst fuerstma@msu.edu
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:19:36 -0400

Greetings!

I have picked up a Pentium Pro machine that I want to install Mandrake on.
It is all SCSI, which is pretty cool. The SCSI Card is an Adaptec 2940 card,
which from what I understand is a well supported card. I can succesfully
boot off the Mandrake installation CD that I burned. It goes into Mandrake,
asks me if I have an Adaptec SCSI Controller to which I respond yes to. It
then loads that driver (I am assuming) and attempts to mount the CD-ROM. It
eventualyl gives me an error that it cannot mount /dev/sd0. I assume this is
becuase I am booting off the CD-ROM so it is already mounted, yet it is
trying to mount it again (that could be completely off though). Boot from a
diskette does not fix the situation either unfortunetly.

I am now installing RedHat 6.2 (while booting off the CD-ROM) without any
problems and will try to "upgrade" to Linux Mandrake somehow once it is
completed. Suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Matt Fuerst

Peter Gibbons: I was sitting in my cubical today, and I realized ever since
I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day
before it. So that means that every single day you see me, that's the worst
day of my life.
Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Dr. Swanson: Wow. That's messed up.
-- My Life Story from "Office Space"
Matt Fuerst - fuerstma@msu.edu