PCI SCSI cards

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:06:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hmm.. Anyone have any suggestions on a decent Linux/FreeBSD supported
PCI SCSI card?  I'm looking for something reasonably priced, I
really only need to support my SCSI CD burner, maybe a DVD drive
if I go SCSI on that[1], and an external Zip drive, so I don't need
ultra160 or anything... ;).  I don't think I really want to spring
for an Adaptec 2940 just for a few CD-ROM devices... [2]

[1] Found a place selling Toshiba 10x SCSI DVD drives for $150
[2] Looks like I have to replace my trusty Adaptec 1542b cause the
new motherboard I'm looking at (ASUS A7V) has no ISA slots... =P

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG President				http://www.gllug.org