HighPoint ATA100/RAID Support

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:06:17 -0400

	Anybody who reads the kernel developer listserv,
	has there been a decision made about whether or
	not the hpt366 and/or hpt370 modules are going
	to become part of the 2.4.x "development" module
	set?  I realized this week that Slackware has
	a bootdisk image that supports this controller,
	but that the 2.2.x kernels themselves don't
	support it.  I found the patch for 2.2.16, and
	have adapted it to 2.2.17 (just --strip=1), but
	was wondering if it will become part of the
	kernel?  And if not, why not?

	BTW, for those who don't know, you can get ABit
	BE6-2 boards w/ these controllers on them for
	$169 (Digilink's price).  We've built our new
	proxy/cache servers around them, and they're
	smokin'.  I am impressed.

PaulM

--
							melson@holt.k12.mi.us