Modem question

Matthew Hill matthew@liquidweb.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:39:00 -0400

Mark,

Have you ensured that plug and play OS  is disabled in your
bios?  If the modem is PNP and your bios is not seutp to configure
such devices at boot time, then linux will be unable to use the device.

It is recognized correctly with setserial or haven't you tried?

Matthew Hill
Liquid Web Inc.
http://www.liquidweb.com