one step in the right direction for Pilot...

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 09:18:35 -0500

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 09:56:03PM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> So just for the helluvit I tried ssh to Pilot today... and I got
> a password prompt, i.e., it worked!  And then I typed my password
> and it told me "Authentication method disabled."  Damn.  Hmm,
> okay, let's try another auth method, like a DSA key.  So I
> generate a DSA key and upload it and get a prompt for a DSA key
> passphrase... and it again tells me "Authentication method
> disabled.".

	Did you try setting up a ~/.shosts file on Pilot
	in conjunction with your public key?  If they set
	AllowAuthentication to 'hostbased' in sshd2_config
	that might allow you to connect.

PaulM

--
							melson@holt.k12.mi.us