2 questions

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 04:10:39 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Marcel Kunath wrote:

> Last time I went thru the ordeal of pulling the keys off I failed on one of
> the last keys ruining the thing that held it in position and i hads wasted an
> hour of work. Could you just drown irt in medium to warm water and let it dry
> for a week or would this ruin it?

You need to let them absolutely dry. If there is _any_ moisture in them at
all it fry the circuits.

> I should just make my friend get the 60 buck one. Proper punishment for using
> a mac haha

Let me know. I know someone that works near the apple campus and can get
the new full sized keyboard for 60bucks +shipping which feels a lot more
solid then the ones that shipped with the iMac. Actually they are fairly
nice.

Alternatively, any USB keyboard should work. MacAlley makes a cheaper line
of them that are a bit more spongy, but I know people that like them.
however, I think they are blue so they might not match the iMac..