ftp.us.debian.org unavailable

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:19:54 -0400

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 01:59:23PM -0400, Dpk wrote:

   The server for ftp.us.debian.org ran out of disk space earlier this
   week.  Implementing a raid has forced me to rebuild the archives
   for both Debian and GNU.  Hopefully this should be done soon. (If
   someone can provide a faster rsync mirror than ftp.debian.org it
   will help)

   Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

ftp.us.debian.org is available once again:

  ftp:   /debian/
  http:  /debian/
  rsync: debian/

This site is connected at 100 Mbps full-duplex to a Gigabit Ethernet
backbone that has multiple connections (OC-3, O-12) to Abeliene and a
multiple connections to commodity Internet (T3, T3, OC3).  We also
provide GNU and EnCORE archives.

Thanks to Ted Cabeen @ uchicago.edu and Nathan Norman @ midco.net for
helping us speed up our rebuilding process.

Thanks for your patience,

Dennis Kelly
Network Administrator
College of Engineering