simple question on perl

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:40:02 -0400 (EDT)

Split might even actually be a better command for this.
something like:
@array = split (/e\+/, $string);
$exponent = @array[1] ;

That way it doesnt break if the exponent goes into 2x digits plus you
can keep the first part of the number as a separate variable in case you
need to manipulate it later..

(and also you get so use some regexp)
=)