Qt going GPL?

Dan Nguyen nguyend7@cse.msu.edu
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:41:11 -0400

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 10:29:45AM -0400, Alan Garrison wrote:
> Personally I think Qt renders a bit nicer than GTK.  It
> seems a bit more "professional" looking.  I haven't
> hacked either toolkit, but the competition between
> two popular (and now both GPL'ed) widget sets is welcomed
> (to me at least).

GTK+ is very far from being full feature for most people.  I dislike
Qt because all their fonts seem much larger than they should be, and
their shade of gray is much darker than I prefer.

I still think the debate comes down to C or C++.  GTK+ is definately
the choice for C programs.  While C++ programs often use Qt.  GTK+
does have C++ bindings, a quick check lists 4.  However some people
don't really like those bindings...

Also a minor correction, GTK+ is LGPL, which allows programs with
other licenses to use it.

--
     Dan Nguyen     |  It is with true love as it is with ghosts;
  nguyend7@msu.edu  |  everyone talks of it, but few have seent it.