Linux Kernel

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:07:50 -0400

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 01:48:18PM -0400, Paul Melson wrote:

   On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 12:03:43PM -0400, Mark Szidik - MLC wrote:
   > Where do people on the list download their Linux Kernels?   I am looking
   > for a fast reliable place to get it.

   	ftp.kernel.org is usually pretty quick.  They also get the
   	updates first, so...

   > Shouldn't the Linux kernel be in the GNU tree of ftp.egr.msu.edu?

   	*Should* being the operative word.  They have the GNU utils
   	tree on their public FTP site, but no Linux kernels.

The kernel might be distributed under the GNU Licensing, but it is not
GNU software, and hence, you will not find it at ftp.gnu.org, nor our
mirror of it, ftp.egr.msu.edu/pub/gnu/... just fyi.

However, I will look at the Linux kernel archive size and see if we
can host it.

Dennis