napster

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:28:31 -0400

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 06:58:56AM -0400, Marcel Kunath wrote:
> Now I don't use Napster and I don't care if they block it but I wondered if MSU
> could ever do such thing. If MSU bl[D[Dgrrrrrr keymap.... blocks Napster
> doesn't as well block Napster access for TCI customers? Is there some way to
> work around this?

	If MSU made a decision to block network traffic
	to Napster servers it shouldn't affect TCI or any
	of the Merit/MichNet partners connected here in
	the Lansing area.  Policy decisions made by CL
	(Doug Nelson et. al.) aren't supposed to affect
	organizations with contracts with SCNC or Merit.
	If they do, it's by mistake and should be rectified.
	(The same is true of UofM and other schools that
	house Merit/MichNet PoP equipment.)

PaulM

--
							melson@holt.k12.mi.us