Internet sharing with linux and win98 machines

A. Garth Brook abrook@grfn.org
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:05:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Marcel Kunath wrote:

> > "Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> writes:
> >
> > > You can run a dhcp client on the Linux box and then run an internal network
> >                      ^^^^^^ server?
> > > which would provide your Win machine with an IP address and net access. I am
>
> Well he needs the client to get the Ip address from the ATT dhcp server, right?
>
> mk

Yes. ATT @Home service runs off of a DHCP server. He still needs to run
the client to get the ip address assigned to his linux box.

Knowledge is Power. Time is Money. Power=Work/Time. Therefore
Knowledge=Work/Money. Solving for Money: Money=Work/Knowledge. Thus, as
Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinity, regardless of work
done.
					     Andrew Brook
						"Marlin"
                                              abrook@grfn.org