holt

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:01:57 -0400

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 05:22:22PM -0400, Mark Szidik - MLC wrote:
> We have a recent grad from HHS working for us as a summer intern.
> We got him through a HHS/Chamber of Comerce career day that Holt held.

	I know. :)  He worked with us this summer, too.

> The kid we hired from HHS had the C++ course and his experience with
> unix is what got him the job.  At a time when a person can go through
> the whole computer program at LCC and never take a unix course I think
> HHS is doing a great thing.

	Thank you.  This year we're offering A+ hardware
	and Novell CNA classes as pilots, too, and the
	to say the least.  It wasn't that long ago that
	I graduated from high school (right! and the more
	I say it, the more it'll be true!), and when I
	was a senior, I took AP Computer Science and learned
	Pascal, on a Mac Classic, by myself.  Now we have
	2 VB courses and one C++ course and they are full
	to capacity every semester.  I am so envious of
	the opportunities that HHS students have today
	in contrast to what was available to me when I
	graduated.  (Which, BTW, was in 1994 from Okemos.)

PaulM

--
							melson@holt.k12.mi.us