Internet sharing with linux and win98 machines

Alan Garrison aeg@lbwl.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:58:37 -0400

"Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> 09/15/00 11:48AM

> best cards in my opinion are Linksys LNE100TX which use tulip chip

Be warned that the Linksys PCI NIC's may come with one
of three chipsets:  Old Tulip, PNIC, and a custom Linksys
chipset which I think is basically Tulip.  I have some
older ones which gave me a few minor problems.  IMHO a
good cheap 10/100 NIC is the Netgear 310TX (or something),
only $24 retail at CompUSA (and probably cheaper online
and/or in bulk).  It has a plain tulip chipset that has
worked for me 100% of the time.  My 3Com 905b has also
worked fine, its just that they are a bit more expensive.