disk copy

Paul Melson melson@scnc.holt.k12.mi.us
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:00:26 -0400

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 09:34:35AM -0400, Mike Rambo wrote:
> Recently we've begun to use ImageCast to do a similar thing over the
> network.  You get one machine set right, ImageCast makes an image, boot all
> the clients you want to image with a network boot disk ImageCast makes, and
> then send the image to them all.  I mention this because ImageCast (sadly)
> is a windows solution.  Is there a way to do something similar with a Linux
> solution?

	If only there was... It could solve all sorts of
	problems for us over here.  Anyhow, we also use
	ImageCast both to make bootable CDs for imaging
	machines and to do network deployment of images.
	The problem we've discovered is that, even with
	Cisco Catalyst switches and 100bTX NICs that,
	contrary to the manufacturers claim, we can't
	get any more than 12-14 machines to image at the
	same time.  Have you had any luck with larger
	numbers of machines?  Are there any server prefs
	that must be modified, etc. ?

PaulM

--
							melson@holt.k12.mi.us