MiKTeX error

Alex Morris egore100@hotmail.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:42:54 GMT

I just installed MiKTeX (a Win32 implementation of LaTeX) and it is working
beautifully.  However, the DVI Viewer is giving me an error when I try to
embed other files into my TeX document.  I downloaded Ben's latex.tex file
and the spiral.eps and sample1.tex (which I then parsed (is that the right
term?) to dvi via latex.exe and then used dvips.exe to convert it to a
postscript file).  When I parse latex.tex to dvi format and load it into
MiKTeX's DVI Viewer I get this error:

Caption: Yap
Text: Cannot locate GhostScript DLL

It also tells me to view the logbook for details.  Here's the log book:

Error: Cannot locate GhostScript DLL.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?  Where can I get the GhostScript DLL
(must be on an HTTP server, though)?

I have not searched very much for the GhostScript DLL on my own because
everywhere that I look to download this stuff is FTP only, and I have no FTP
access here...  Argh!

As a side note, the program can recover from this error, it's just that some
weird remnants show up and none of the graphics show up.  I have not tried
printing it, I bet it would be pretty fscked up.

Thanks for the help.

- Alex Morris