GLLUG meeting topics

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:33:56 -0400 (EDT)

I heartily suggest trying out SWAT when creating a new config or making
simple changes, its the web based samba configurator that comes with samba
and its really easy!  It lets you setup shares as well as general
configuration, has help links inline, supports setting every possible
option I know of, lets you stop/start/restart the daemons and check daemon
and client status.  It even lets you know what it did under the hood by
letting you view the config file.  It can make the file pretty simple
from scratch because alot of options you think you might need are
defaults.