GLLUG meeting topics

Jeremy Paul Bowers bowersj2@pilot.msu.edu
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:25:31 -0400 (EDT)

bl0wfish, you said. . .
>     You know man pages are searchable, right?
>     Anyone that actually trys to read a manpage
>     is, IMO, sick & twisted.

I learned shell scripting from the bash man page. Does that take me straight to
demented, do not pass go, do not collect $200?

(And I learned DOM 1 programming straight from the W3 specification, too. What
perl I know comes from the man page. Learned awk & sed from the man pages. In
fact, I don't even understand why they sell books on these things when there
are perfectly good RFC's, specification documents, man & info pages on these
things...)

- Jeremy Bowers  jerf@jerf.org  http://www.jerf.org -
- http://irights.editthispage.com :                 -
-   * Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Freedom *   -