GLLUG meeting topics

bl0wfish apoc@lunarsurf.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:29:11 -0400 (EDT)

> This version definitely doesn't run `mount'.

   Wierd.  I bet there is an equivalent mount statement, however.

> >      Anyone that actually trys to read a manpage
> >      is, IMO, sick & twisted.
>
> I guess I'm pretty sick and twisted then.

   Dude, that came out totally wrong.  Please forgive me,
   my hangover is a little bigger than usual today. :-(

   It's basically imperitive to any linux user/admin to
   read manpages, but what I was trying to say was that
   anyone that relies solely on manpages for learning
   something like samba is lame.  Although, it was pretty
   helpful in getting a better grasp of tcsh, it still
   seems ludicrous not to have bible handy.

> > > NFS under Linux sucks, but NFS under [insert platform here] sucks.  The
> > > suckage is consistent, at least, though you may wish to avoid NFSv3 for the
> > > time being.
> >
> >       You're joking right?
>
> About what part?  It looks like a pretty reasonable statement to
> me.

	NFS under linux is relatively easy to configure,
	maintain, and secure, IMO.  Pretty useful, as well.