kde and windowmaker

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:02:53 -0400

Quoted from Paul_Melson@keykertusa.com on Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 09:47:58AM -0400:
> Rather than run KDE within WindowMaker, just add `kfm` to your
> WindowMaker/X11 init scripts.  You can run any of your K-apps in
> WindowMaker, fully supported.  There's no need to actually run KDE to get
> KDE functionality within WindowMaker.

Yeah, I've run Konqueror while running GNOME before, just takes a
bit longer to start up a KDE app the first time since it has to
start up a bunch of helpers too.  The main thing I'd like to keep
is a panel, either KDE or GNOME, and have the window manager and
a pager work well together with multiple desktops.

Also, I just realized that I may have sent out email with my sig
still saying I was prez.  That's fixed now... ;)

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon                  http://www.gllug.org