news.msu.edu?

Andrew Keen keenandr@pilot.msu.edu
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 23:22:11 -0400

>From news.msu.edu:

              From:
                   John Callaghan <jpc@msu.edu>
        Newsgroups:
                   msu.announce
            Subject:
                   News server unavailable
              Date:
                   17 Apr 2001 15:00:00 GMT
                   35.8.1.190
                   Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:00:00 (UTC)

The news server's power supply failed this morning
(4/17/01).  A replacement should be here first thing
tomorrow.

Until then we have created this temporary server to let you
know what is going on.  As this is only a PERL script and not
a full server, it will most likely not work with some
newsreaders.  After the dust settles, please let us know if
this script caused anything bad to happen to your newsreader
as we would like to use it during future disasters.

--
John Callaghan
jpc@msu.edu

END TEXT