compression

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
24 Apr 2001 14:40:00 -0400

"Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

> Well I do ASP and SQL and there is some application but its not as heavy as if
> you would write C or Java. I work on systems like Stuinfo and the Courses
> system and honestly we spend more time discussing if we can give this or that
> info out on the web(90%) (privacy etc.) than write the webpages(10%).

Ah hah, there *is* someone out there actually working on this
stuff.  Then maybe you can explain why the notice at the bottom
of the stuinfo pages prohibits me from letting other people know
what my grades are:

             Data on this system are to be considered
             confidential and may not be made available to a
             third party.

or, if that's not what it means, just what it actually *does*
mean and why it's worded that way.  (I tried to submit this via
the official feedback form once a long time ago, but it didn't
work.)
--
"I want more Keith!"