Uninstall / Reinstall

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:52:25 -0400 (EDT)

If you just want to upgrade your best bet is to use Debian and it is a
good distribution.

What you _really_ want is your home directories and everything in /etc
which should have all of your system configs and maybe your /usr/local
files which should be stuff you installed.

Most of the programs are the same between the two dists, and actually
RH7.x actually changed some of the paths so they are more consistant with
the Debian dist so you might be able to get away just replacing the config
files.

And honestly it is a _lot_ easier doing a machine config the second time
than it is the first time.