modems

Marr marr@shianet.org
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 13:51:04 -0400

Ben Pfaff wrote:

> Sean <picasso@madflower.com> writes:
> >
> > Im not sure what the status of USB modems is either, but I am pretty sure
> > they work now.
>
> (At least some of) the ones that implement the standard ACM
> protocol for modems work.  Others do not.

The "MultiModemUSB" by MultiTech Systems is one that (apparently) does
*not* work.

I spent a couple of hours toying with USB modules trying to get my USB
devices recognized (with kernel 2.4.3 IIRC).  The Kodak DC260
USB-capable camera was easily recognized, the aforementioned modem and a
CH Products "F-16 Combatstick USB" (multi-button, multi-axis joystick)
were not recognized.

Maybe some day.... :^(

Bill Marr