[xmms-wmdiscotux]

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
2 Aug 2001 13:31:43 EDT

Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu> wrote:
> If you haven't ever seen xmms-wmdiscotux, then you need to do so.
> It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on a computer.
> On Debian just `apt-get install xmms-wmdiscotux', then run xmms
> and turn it on from the `visualization plugins' dialog box.  It's
> configurable, too!

It's kind of cute, but I don't know if I'd go that far.  (Has it been enhanced
lately?  My version is about 4 months old.)  There's a similar plugin that
does the same thing but with "Space Ghost" instead of Tux as the little
dancing guy.

Another "cute" program is AMOR (Amusing Misuse Of Resources) though I'm not
sure if it will run correctly unless the KDE libs have been installed.  That
program can have its animated creature display "helpful ToolTips", which I'm
sure you think of many possibilities for.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."