Where are the best "how-to's" on...

Bert David davidber@msu.edu
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 13:34:04 -0400

RedHat's installation is stupid like this.  It's one of the things that bugs
me about it.  In order for you to proceed past that part, Red Hat makes you
create a swap partition first.  When you were installing, you might have
partitioned off a section for /swap, but you have to make sure that you
change the file system type for it.  I don't exactly remember the steps off
the top of my head though.  Once you do that, you should be golden.

As far as dual booting goes... I've never set it up, but I'm sure a few
other on this list have...
Anyways, I like tucows.  They list a lot of how-to's.
http://howto.tucows.com/howto.html

Bert David
davidber@msu.edu

----- Original Message -----
From: Keyes, Randall
To: 'linux-user@egr.msu.edu'
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 1:15 PM
Subject: Where are the best "how-to's" on...

We had a NetAdmin meeting yesterday where we were "strongly encouraged" to
start learning Linux.  The time for my dabbling is at an end...I must now
get serious.

I'm trying to install RedHat 7.1 on a system that has W95 on it already.
I'm able to get to the little "partition druid" thingy window, and I've even
tried creating every partition they have listed, but it won't let me hit the
"next" button.  What gives?

Where are the best (read: simplest) how-to's on dual-booting installs?  I've
got to do this on my W2K laptop next.

Thanks!

Randy Keyes
Network Services, JNL